How to Fix Data Issues When Migrating between CRMs
You can use Insycle to fix a range of data-related issues that you deal with while migrating from one CRM to another and after the migration is complete. You can analyze your data, compare records between platforms, deduplicate records, and improve the overall data quality.
Though Insycle is not a tool for migrating data between CRMs, it can help you to manage and prepare the data that you migrate, improving the data quality and fixing data issues that impede a smooth process.
Using Insycle you can manage your contacts, companies, deals, and other record types. However, Insycle doesn't manage activities such as notes, emails, engagements, or events. (Except when it's part of a merge or other action.)
Key Use Cases
The Health Assessment dashboard surfaces data quality issues that negatively impact your marketing, sales, and support efforts, and guides you through the process of fixing them.
The CRM Data Grader (for HubSpot Only) analyzes your HubSpot CRM for the most common data issues and automatically generates a detailed report with metrics about poorly formatted, duplicate, invalid, low-quality, and incomplete data.
Insycle's Merge Duplicates module can identify duplicate records and merge them flexibly, in bulk, using advanced rules and master record selection logic.
When your migration process creates records that represent the same underlying entities in your CRM, Insycle makes it easy to bulk merge duplicate records.
If you have duplicate records in your CRM but you need a controlled, careful process to merge them, you can analyze the records to determine which have the relevant data, and merge them manually, one at a time.
The Magical Import module allows you to import data flexibly and consistently.
If you have a CSV and need to import new records to your CRM or update and append data to existing values, you can clean and standardize the data before importing it to your CRM.
You can also compare data in a CSV against existing records in your CRM before importing to check for duplicates or differences.
Insycle includes powerful features that help you format fields in bulk to maintain consistent data.
- You can use the Transform Data module to modify existing data in any field. Learn how to standardize job titles, industries, and locations in bulk.
- If you have an export from a third-party application or other data in a CSV, the new data can be
formatted on import using the Magical Import module.
You can standardize deal names, pulling important data from multiple fields to create consistent names that are searchable and descriptive in the Transform Data module.
- To analyze what's in your database and fix inconsistencies in fields that have consistent values like job titles, countries, or industries, use the Cleanse Data module.
- For standardizing fields with flexible values, such as phone numbers, addresses, or locations, use the Transform Data module.
If you need your colleagues to review changes, especially for large bulk updates, you can export the data or run the module in Preview Mode and then distribute the CSV that Insycle generates.
The CSV will include a preview of the changes but does not update your live data. Your team can look at what changes will be made and help spot any issues before applying the change to on your entire database.
Learn more about sharing CSV reports in the Collaborate on Data with Your Team article.
Related Help Articles
- Import New Records or Update and Append to Existing from CSV
- How to Compare CSV Data to Existing Records In Your CRM
- Standardize Job Titles, Industries, Location
- Format Names, Phone Numbers, Addresses
- Fix Data Inconsistencies
- Bulk Merge Duplicate People, Companies
- Link and Associate People to Companies
- Convert Field Type From Free-Text to Picklist
- Multi-Select Picklist Bulk Append and Subtract
Related Blog Articles
- The Complete Guide to Bulk Updating CRM Data Without Using Excel
- How Insycle Solves Common Problems with HubSpot and Salesforce Integration
- How to Merge Duplicates in HubSpot and Salesforce and Keep them Syncing
- How to Save Time By Automating HubSpot Contact Exports & Delivery
- How to Create a Customer Data Management Plan
- How to Not Mess Up Your HubSpot Contact Record Imports
- How to Clean HubSpot Import Contacts and Improve Your ROI