The Transform Data module for Salesforce allows you to filter and extract, transform, and load data into Salesforce CRM.
Insycle offers unparalleled customization within the Transform Data module, allowing you to build custom rulesets for how you filter and identify data, extract or move that data, and transform that data—before updating the data in your CRM. With Insycle, you can build a fully custom ETL solution.
With Insycle's Transform Data module, you can do things like:
- Formatting names, phone numbers, and addresses
- Standardizing job titles, industries, locations
- Extracting data from fields using flexible rules
- Removing invalid data and typos from fields
- Merging fields or moving data between them
- Format Names, Phones, Addresses
- Standardize Job Titles, Industries, Locations
- Map Values From One Field to Another
- Conditional Bulk Update if Value=X Then Set To=Y
- Copy Or Move Values Between Fields
- Standardize Deal Name Format Using Values From Multiple Fields
- Custom ETL
Sample Use Case: Format Names, Phones, Addresses
- Step 1: Define Filter
- Step 2: Pick fields, then functions to apply
- Step 3: Preview or Update
- Optionally cleanse, format, append, or adjust the data before importing
With Insycle's Transform Data module, altering and moving your data at scale is straightforward.
Insycle offers a variety of pre-built templates that allow you to tackle common data extraction, transformation, and loading tasks directly out of the box. However, you can also build your own custom templates for tackling issues that are unique to your organization.
For some tasks, you can schedule automation so that specific tasks in the Transform Data module—such as formatting or standardizing data, for example—are performed automatically on a set schedule.
Supported Salesforce Record Types
Insycle supports the following Salesforce record types:
- Custom Record Types
You can select the record type that you would like to import at the top of the module screen.
With your settings set and running smoothly, you can then save your settings as a template. With a template, all of your settings are saved including field mapping, functions, import modes, etc. Then, any time that you need to edit similar data and select the template, these settings will be automatically loaded, saving your time.
To create and save a new template, you click the “+” symbol on the right-hand side of the template banner.
After creating the template, you must save the template by clicking the save icon on the far right-hand side of the same menu.
Preview Changes Before They Go Live
You can preview the changes that you are making to your data before those changes are pushed to your live database. When you run select modules in Insycle, you have the option of choosing between Preview Mode and Update Mode once you click the button.
You can set up ongoing data maintenance automation with Insycle on the module level, or using Recipes.
Audit Trail and History
The Activity Tracker lets you review all changes made through Insycle. At any time you can download a CSV report of the operation and records affected.
Related Blog Articles
- Declutter Your CRM By Purging Low-Quality Data Automatically
- The Complete Guide to Bulk Updating CRM Data Without Using Excel
Related Help Articles