You need email alerts when certain business data criteria are met in your CRM.
Maybe you want to know when a record is missing a critical field. Or you want to be alerted when a deal above a certain size enters your system.
With the Grid Edit module, you can set rules for flexible alerts and exports that keep you in the loop whenever data that meets specific criteria hits your CRM, and stay on top of your most important issues.
- Set up the filter to find records you want to be notified about.
- Configure the notification email and test the CSV export.
- Schedule automation to run the template and send email alerts.
Use the filter to look for the records with values that you would like to be alerted about.
For this example, let's say that you want to be alerted about deals currently open with a value greater than $20,000 weekly.
Navigate to the Grid Edit module, select the database and the record type in the top menu. In this example, we're using Deals.
Then explore the templates for an existing solution that may be close to what you need.
Add a filter so only records where the Deal Stage is NOT "Closed Lost (Sales Pipeline)," or "Closed Won (Sales Pipeline)," AND the Amount value is greater than "20000."
Click the Search button and deals that match your filter will appear in the Record Viewer.
To modify the fields that will be part of your export, click the Layout tab.
In the right column, you can search for fields to add to the layout and drag them into the Visible Fields column. Remove fields by dragging from the Visible Fields column into the right column.
To select individual records for export, use the checkboxes next to each record.
With your filters and layout set, you can set up the alert message and test it with your export.
On the Filter tab, click the Export button.
In the Export popup, select New File and click Next.
On the Email tab of the Export popup, enter an alert message in the Subject line (i.e., [ALERT] New $20,000+ Deal).
Add Recipients who should follow up, and add additional instructions or context to the message. The CSV export will be attached to this email whenever it is generated and delivered to the emails you provide.
On the When tab, click Run Now and select which records to apply the change to (in most cases this will be All), then click the Run Now button.
Review the email, and have a look at the CSV to make sure it includes the data you'll need.
If you are satisfied with everything in your email notification and CSV, return to Insycle, save all the configurations as a template, and schedule it to run automatically.
Return to the Template menu at the top of the page and click the + to give the new template an informative name, then click Save.
Under the Filter, click the Export button and select New File.
The Email settings should already be set from your template.
On the When tab under Automate, set up the frequency for your alert—hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly.
Once scheduled, any data that matches your filter will be exported and emailed to you or your team automatically, giving you the info you need to keep an eye on important details.
You can view all scheduled automations on the Automations page of your dashboard.
Tips for Exporting Data
- Filtering data before exporting ensures that Insycle will only include records that you want to focus on. Otherwise, Insycle will pull all records of the selected record type from your CRM. If you have thousands of records, this will make your CSV difficult to read, and you'll need to do some ad hoc filtering in the CSV.
- You may need to do some experimentation with your filters to get the desired result. Review the data in your CSV export before saving a template. If you don’t see what you need or were expecting, adjust your filters then export and review again.
Related Help Articles
- Module Overview: Grid Edit
- Bulk Update Values of Any Field
- Bulk Clear Values from Field
- Format Names, Phone Numbers, Addresses
Related Blog Articles